Thursday, August 28, 2008

Week 3 - Feeling better

I was so relieved to learn that I had not brought all this on myself that I barely minded the fact that fluid continued to leak from the puncture site at a considerable rate over the next few days. I spent a small fortune on sterile gauze, dressings and tape, before realising that Super-Strength panty shields would do the same job at much less cost.

I even felt confident enough to return to work for one day, although it completely exhausted me. I was once again able to consider the overall effect of the operation, rather than being obsessed only with BB, so this photo shows both breasts at Day 18 post-op.

BB is still noticeably more swollen and shiny, and there is a new (darker) area of deep bruising around the puncture hole, but I felt that we were on the home run at last and that it was now just a matter of time until the haematoma slowly dissolved and/or drained out of this small hole.

No comments: